- I broke up with the woman I was together with for almost 10 years. It was a hard decision to make but things just went wrong, for both of us. Looking back now, I believe it was the best decision we could have made. Didn't make it feel any better at the time, though.
- I was diagnosed with heavy psychological disorders and needed lots of time to figure out how to deal with. And I still am. But I can laugh again.
- Working as independent designer / illustrator got worse and worse. I noticed to spend more time with my lawyer fighting for my payments than actual working. Lots of other factors also played into it, but I had some kind of crisis where I don't feel a sense anymore in what I do.
- I have learned who my real friends are. I know this sounds pathetic to read since it's a highly overused phrase, but in great trouble, you really see who you can count on. And I am proud to call those people my friends because without them, I wouldn't have been able to put up with everything the way I did.
- The lack of sense in my work has lead me to a search for alternatives. And I have found a profession that speaks to me on more levels than design ever did. I'm not yet in that position but will soon start internships and educational programs. Looking forward to it.
And finally, the one thing that I am most grateful for in the world:
- An old friend that I've known for almost 15 years came to help me when I was in trouble. We spend a lot of time and came much closer to each other than we ever did in the past. We discovered so many things about each other that we've never noticed before and it was one of the most wonderful experiences of my entire life. Now, we are engaged. God I love that woman! And though she still lives very far away from me and the distance is killing me, I know she's the one and we'll have a bright future together.
With everything I have to deal with right now, she is the spark that fires me and drives me all the time. For her I want to become better than I am. She just makes me the happiest guy in the world and she deserves nothing less than the best of me.
I've uploaded another new deviation, a fanart DVD Cover. Because I happened to notice that some cheap bootlegger from Thailand actually had the nerves to steal one of my illustrations, changed it and is now selling films with that cover on ebay. Nothing I can do against it but at least I want to show my own work in the way it was intended to be.
I still got plenty of things to sort out, but I haven't given up drawing and I never will. It won't be the main focus in my life anymore, but I find that a good thing. It will be my hobby, my passion. It always was a part of me and always will be. And seeing it as such, I can continue to put more of my own passion into it, from which it can only benefit.